If you are looking for a way to sell your home, you’ll want to stage an open house. Less inventory in the housing market means more exposure for your home so now is the prime time to show it off!
Broker previews and individual showings work, too, but a properly advertised and dressed open house can result in more people talking about your home and led to it getting sold that much quicker! You will not want to do them every weekend, but you will want to have well planned Open House.
Part of getting the word out about your open house revolves around you, as the home seller. As you share with neighbors, co-workers, and even Facebook friends the news of your upcoming open house, they will get excited, too, and share the information with potential buyers.
The positive peer pressure of knowing that you have “told” others about your home will prompt you to take care and “stage” it so that your friends and potential buyers will be impressed, as well. Your home needs to look it’s best for the open house, so be sure to follow any tips you’ve been given on preparation on staging for the event.
One of the keys to hosting an open house that produces results is having a knowledgeable real estate agent at your side. You need someone who can differentiate your home from all other recent sales and explain why comparably your home is a better value.
What can you do to have a successful open house for your home?
My best tips are:
- Clean it up – A messy home does not show well to individuals or groups of buyers.
- Tell everyone – A little self promotion goes a long way in home sales.
- Show it off – Make sure you have flyers and for sale signage out front (balloons are a great idea, too).
- Park elsewhere – Leave your driveway and curb open so your home is easy to see.
- Think snacks – Home buying can be stressful and a welcome treat can make a buyer feel at home.
- Illuminate your home – Turn on lights, open draperies and blinds and let your home be seen!
Selection of Homes For Sale
[idx-platinum-widget id =”1875-44165″]
Thinking of selling your Western New York home? Curious about the current market conditions in Western New York? Call us at (716) 650-0051 to discuss what is happening in today’s Western New York Real Estate Market. We would be happy to give you a personalized Comparative Market Analysis for your home or assist you to purchase a home.